Friday, February 19, 2010

Death, Taxes, etc.

Politics.

Yuck . . .

How I despise those repetitively featured same-old faces of government officials I see on the TV. Time after time after time. The very sound of their professionally rehearsed oily-smooth voices on the radio brings a silent but ugly animal snarl to my lips.

That's my reaction to the media-borne representations of the existing thinly-disguised rule of Big Brother. The radio and television news departments spew forth daily a plethora of electronically transmitted public revelations and reminders of the workings of big government as they applaud this government's supposedly-paternal authority over the child-like dumb masses. Never-ending is this human struggle to gain and retain its Dominance Of Power.

But . . .

A new opposition website http;//www.onlinetaxrevolt.com opened its virtual doors yesterday.

It is an experiment that some believe could have profound repercussions for American life. Or it might (and probably will) fall flat. Who knows?

The opening paragraph of the website's "About Us" section states:

The first-ever Online Tax Revolt, a free, interactive march on Washington was launched using state of the art technology. Concerned Americans can have a voice on tax policy, culminating on April 15 with events in Washington, D.C."

This brand-new website will allow anyone who wishes to simply log in, select an avatar, and then follow the progress of this selected cyber-stand-in creature as it joins its group and marches toward Washington D.C. where an actual, real-time rally will be held on April 15, 2010.

The best of all worlds. You, a pissed-off citizen, can become an active, vocal, protesting marcher against the elitists oppressor, all those arrogant, stuck-up, rich-ass politician thugs...and you won't have to do a thing except sit at your computer and follow your avatar's progress on Google-Earth, and you don't even have to do that if you'd rather not. You can just follow the news as the media report on it.

Death And Taxes. The Inevitables.

There is a reason why I believe that elimination of the Income Tax and instituting The Fair Tax (or any other National Sales Tax) is a bad idea. Stated simply, my objection is that the Fair Tax if enacted into law would eventually become an 'additional' tax, because 'concerned' lawmakers will absolutely reinstate the present-day Income Tax (and still keep the Fair Tax) as soon as they can find a way to do it. And the public will then be paying double the present-day amount of taxes.

Politicians and Lawmakers are ALL unscrupulous manipulators. Such is the intuitive opinion of The Many.

Ah well . . .


Sandi drove me to the post office yesterday and I mailed out six boxes of books, 45 pounds in weight, and $30 was the total Media Mail fee. Not bad. They were the books I absolutely could not leave behind. I will be trying to sell the rest of the books that are still resting on my big shelf in a couple of weeks when I have my big yard sale.

I will be leaving Florida near the end of March and I still have not separated and packaged for shipping all of my "To Be Saved" photographs from those in my growing "Dispose Of These" pile.

Procrastination abides with me always.

No comments:

Post a Comment