Monday, July 5, 2010

The 5th, After The 4th...

Monday is our neighborhood's scheduled garbage pick-up day, but since today (Monday, the 5th of July) is an 'observed' holiday for yesterday (Sunday, the 4th of July) it was unclear as to whether or not the trash would be hauled away today as per the usual schedule or delayed one day as is done on Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Year's Day.

So, even though many of the other homes along the 'calle' did not do so, I decided to heed my intuition and put the refuse container out at curbside. And I am glad that I did so. The Waste Management company arrived at 10:30 A.M.

...

The kids are on vacation this week and JoAnn asked me to take a picture of the new bud that had recently appeared on the bottom spread of green leaves on one of her lovingly cared-for little house plants. It appears that the bud is nearly ready to open up and proudly display its pale pink blossom. When it does, I will photograph it again.

Here is the picture of that tiny pink bud

That's all I have to write about at this time...

.

No comments:

Post a Comment