Saturday, July 31, 2010

Why All The Fuss?

What information does our government want to remain unrevealed, and why?

Here is a well-publicized link to supposedly secret stuff that you might like to look over.

I really don't know what all the fuss is about.

. . .

Here Is A Photograph Of God


Or it might be just a big rock.

One can never be sure.


I have often written that I am neither a theist nor an atheist. As closely as I can apply a label to my conclusions regarding the existence of God (or 'a' god) I propose this statement, "I am an agnostic."

What is the difference between a theist, an atheist, and an agnostic?

In my opinion:
- The theist believes that God exists... period.
- The atheist believes that God does not exist.
- The agnostic does not know if God exists.

An article in Slate offers a pretty good analysis.

Here is the first paragraph:

Agnosticism is not some kind of weak-tea atheism. Agnosticism is not atheism or theism. It is radical skepticism, doubt in the possibility of certainty, opposition to the unwarranted certainties that atheism and theism offer.

Another (paraphrased) paragraph:

The term agnostic was coined in 1869 by one of Darwin's most fervent followers, Thomas Henry Huxley. Here is how he defined his agnosticism: This principle may be stated in various ways but they all amount to this: that it is wrong for a man to say that he is certain of the objective truth of any proposition unless he can produce evidence which logically justifies that certainty.

I think it is an interesting and intelligently presented article, although several of the appended comments disagree. Again, the link is:

http://www.slate.com/id/2258484/pagenum/all/

. . .

It rained huge quantities last night, enough to raise the level of the swimming pool several inches. I imagine that it also helped raise the level of the Tucson area's water table as well. Good news indeed. And more rain has been forecast for each day of the coming week.

Oh well, it is, after all, the annual Monsoon Season in Arizona.

This was yesterday's sky before the clouds began to form


I have been told that Heaven is located within that sky.

Who am I to argue with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment