Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Middle Of The Week Already

I finally got a picture of a roadrunner. Eva noticed it first and began barking. I looked up and saw the speedy little critter sprinting along the top of the backyard wall. I hurriedly grabbed up my camera and managed to get three quick shots at it before the bird hopped down off the wall and hightailed it through the scrub and out into the desert.



Since the roadrunner was perched atop the wall at a distance of about 75 or 80 feet (approximately 24 metres) my little camera would not zoom it any closer than the following cropped closeup.

Where's Wile E. Coyote when he's needed?

...

The new word that I learned today is:
epigraph
noun:
1. An inscription on a building or statue.
2. A quotation introducing a book or a chapter.

I once knew that word... epigraph...but had forgotten its meaning. I have always enjoyed reading epigraphs that introduce a book or a book chapter. Especially those clever and entertaining epigraphs penned by Mark Twain.

...

Yesterday I watched a movie that was a remake of the old Jimmy Stewart film, Harvey. In this version, Harry Anderson played the part of Elwood P. Dowd who has a companion named Harvey, a pooka in the form of a six-foot tall rabbit. Leslie Nielson was also in this one. In my opinion, it was not nearly as good as the original. Of course, I have never been a fan of Harry Anderson (nor Leslie Nielson), while Jimmy Stewart was one of my favorite performers of all time.

...

After lunch (Chicken Tenderloins, Nacho Cheese Doritos, Baked Beans) I developed a craving for something sweet, a dessert of sorts. So what do you suppose that I chose?

Chocolate Chip Fiber Plus Antioxidant Bar.

It was quite tasty. But horribly overpriced.

Can't think of anything else to write about right now. Oh well. Tomorrow is another day...


I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits than strict justice.
--Abraham Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment