Thursday, July 15, 2010

Can't Think Of A Clever Title

There was no blog entry yesterday because I used that time to work on my novel.

Yes (almost unbelievably) I accomplished something in that area, in that space of time, something that I truly feel was worth the effort, something that will be of lasting worth, something that gave me pleasure in its creation -- and it has the potential to give others who will someday read the novel a measure of that same enjoyment... I think.

. . .

A friend and fellow (aging) writer is apparently suffering from the malicious malady that eventually strikes us all -- the 'woe is me' syndrome, the 'my life is nearly over and I am a failure' refrain of outrage and regret. It seems that he has fallen prey to that familiar insult to vanity known as 'Oh, poor poor me'.

Nothing can be said by those of us who have suffered this blight on our souls that will lighten his load. He will come through it and will eventually prevail -- or not.

. . .

Below are displayed 2 pics of JoAnn's plant.


and


During her two-week absence, I have been watering it and rolling up the blinds to allow the Arizona sun to shine upon her tiny flower each day, as I promised I would do.

. . .

Just a few minutes ago I was informed that Martin Van Buren was the first President Of The United States of America who was born a U.S. citizen.

(Very) interesting.


So now I'm off to my Novel pages . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment